Thursday, July 10, 2008

Forbidden City, not anymore it's not!

Today I went to the Forbidden City and it was AMAZING! The pictures I took don't do it any justice, it was just awesome! There is so much history in China in general and the Forbidden especially. We had a nice tour guard, her name was spelled Any (Annie) and she gaves us a great tour. After the tour one of the girls from Emerson College and I walked to the lookout on top of a hill just behind the Forbidden City. The views were just breathtaking! On the top there was a big statue of Buddah, which was a neat peice of art. It was a little bit of a climb though, and it was very hot! We had about 6 hours on our feet today with all the walking!

At the Firbidden City this little Chinese boy came up to us and was like, "Are you from America!?!" "Yes, we are" "That is very far!" He talked to us for a little bit and even sang us an English song (that I didn't know). I asked him what his name was, "Oliver. O-l-i-v-e-r, Oliver." "Very good!" I said. He was so cute, "someday I like to come to America" "I like English, I have three English books!" "I come here by train, my house very far from here!" He was so excited to pratice his English with us (he has been learning for about three years and I think he is about eight, so he actually had pretty good English). I would love to teach ESL or even teach English here in Asia someday, so it was nice and encouraging to see a little kid who liked it so much.

After the long day of touring we just kinda relaxed, with a group meeting in the evening. It seems now that I will also be covering some Volleyball this Olympics, along with Cycling, so that will be neat. We start our three day tour tomorrow! I am excited, it should be really great! They are really treating us!

I have to rest up, a long but great three day tour awaits!

No comments: