Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gemenr, Gemenr, you are my Gemenr!

So I have made a few 'gemenrs' since being here in China. In Chinese "gemenr" means "good friend." Some of my gemenrs are Li, Sunshine and Ric, all volunteers who I work with. I love that I have made friends with some Chinese students, but above that I love that I have made friends with GREAT GUYS!

We often just joke around while at work, get coffee and talk, or go out to dinner and just enjoy eachothers company, with bowling and karaoke (KTV as it is know in China) in there one time each! We talk about this and that, and share our life stories. We are all part of the 'Blue Army' as you may recall. We have become fast friends because 1) we have to, our time is short and 2) we have like personalities and enjoy eachother!

I am happy to call these fine young men my "gemenrs," they treat me well and show me the Beijing life. I am happy to share this experience with them all and I hope won't be the last. As we like to say, "Gemenrs 4 life!"

No comments: