Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Odd Couple[s?]

I am not sure if I have made note of this before, but I have noticed something different about couples here: They wear matching shirts. I know, you would think they are twins who's parents think it's cute to make them wear the same thing. They wear matching graphic T's, matching polos, matching designer duds. I'm pretty sure that I have never seen that in the States before. Not all couples do it of course, but it totally happens.

The best shirts are the ones that say "Falling in love with my girlfriend -->" and "<-- Falling in love with my boyfriend." Yes, the shirts really do have arrows on them. The couple will walk hand-in-hand and publicy announce this love that is bonding between them, it's the strangest thing and I have seen it more than once.

On another note, companies and stores send text messages to let people know about sales and upcoming events. So everyday, about six times a day, I get a notice on my phone that says, "Unable to receive message" and it is really annoying. Also, many Chinese download books to their cellphones, use their phones to take pictures as well as play games. It seems overall Chinese people use their phones for more of a variety of things than Americans do.

No comments: